Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

A Walk in the Woods


It won't come as any surprise to those that know me that I do enjoy a nice trip to the woods, so with the weather really rather fine on Sunday (and finding ourselves with a rare window in the diary) we trotted off to reconnect with some trees.

Now, this particular piece of woodland is high on a hill with fantastic views for miles and miles. It's open and airy with mostly deciduous trees like beech, hazel and ash, but sadly not an oak tree to be found (my personal favourite........maybe). The ground slopes VERY steeply down to the one side of the path - glad no one slipped!


It's amazing what you spot in the woods - I wonder who might live in a house like this.......


I love to find little gateways like this one......


I was really taken by the textures of the ivy on this tree......


and the roots on the path......


And finally, if anyone knows what sort of fungi this is then I'd be very grateful not to have to look it up (pretty please).............


Thanks for reading - now that Little Miss is back at school and Small Boy has started in reception (sob) I'm enjoying getting back to the work shop - pics of this week's creations to follow very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Very good photos and descriptions I don't know what the fungi is though lots growing abundantly. I agree the tree has good textures and the path very interesting post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous post - lovely images! :)

    ReplyDelete